Jazz Center Stage Store
Ella & Louis (Mastercut Edition) #0021
PURCHASING THIS ITEM GUARANTEES THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE BOX #0021 THIS IS ONE OF ONE AND FIRST COME FIRST SERVE.
As you know, our ARCHIVAL TAPE Editions are meant to give you the chance to listen to some well selected gems of analog sound recording. Without dedicated remastering and retouch. And with Ella & Louis we are proudly introducing our first release in MONO! True, pure and with a lot of dynamic. This record is a more than astonishing and fascinating example of delivering audible depth and width with just one audio channel. Celebrating 2 voices of no other kind. Supported by some of the best musicians of all time. You think you exactly know how the voice of Louis Armstrong does sound? Just listen to the first song on this MASTERCUT. Zooming you right into the recording studio at Capital Records, that hot summer day in August 1956. Enjoy this time capsule of a record on your stereo (or Hi-Fi as they would have said back then.) We are pretty sure this disc and yourself will be very best friends right from the start!!
What exactly does it mean if a MASTERCUT EDITION is cut from a MONO tape? This means that the left and right channel of our high end cutting head engraves the identical (MONO) information into the lacquer blank. The full potential of your record can be enjoyed with your standard stereo turntable setup.
· Vocals: Ella Fitzgerald
· Vocals, trumpet: Louis Armstrong
· Piano: Oscar Peterson
· Guitar: Herb Ellis
· Bass: Ray Brown
· Drums: Buddy Rich
1. Can't We Be Friends?
2. Isn't This A Lovely Day?
3. Moonlight In Vermont
4. They Can't Take That Away from Me
5. Under A Blanket Of Blue
1. A Foggy Day
2. Stars Fell On Alabama
3. Cheek To Cheek
4. The Nearness Of You
5. April In Paris
RECORDED TO TAPE
· Date of Recording: August 16, 1956
· Location: Capitol Studios, Hollywood
· Original Tape Number: 4579, 4580
· Recording Producer: Norman Granz
· Session Engineer: Val Valentin
BOOKLET CONTENT LIST
· A Minolta EP 410Z copy of the master reel control file side A
· A Cyanotype of Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong after an original photo Courtesy of the Louis Armstrong House Museum
· A Polaroid of a microscopic view of the real groove.
· A Minolta EP 410Z copy after an original photo of the Supersense livingroom studio. Photographer: Ákos Burg, 2021.
· "How to caress", by Florian Doc Kaps. An info sheet about the Supersense master records and how to care for them.
· "Project Mastercut", by Florian Doc Kaps. An introduction to the editions. Including some Cutting Engineer notes, Supersense, Vienna 2022
For the first time in record history, directly cut lacquers discs are available to music lovers all around the world. Every single Edition is handcrafted in the Viennese SUPERSENSE manufactory by a small team of experts in the fields of record cutting, traditional printing methods and packaging design.
The USA Edition of this Mastercut release is numbered: 01-500. Box numbers 1 through 100 are being offered exclusively on Center Stage.