Verve Center Stage Store
Stan Getz & Joao Gilberto: Getz/Gilberto (Mastercut Edition) #009
Recorded in March 1963 at A&R Studios, New York, NY, USA. The multi-Grammy winning album Getz/Gilberto by Stan Getz, João Gilberto and Astrud Gilberto was one of the best-selling albums of all time and marked a peak of the bossa nova wave.
Cut directly from a completely unedited 1:1 copy of the original tape provided by Universal Music, one has never been closer to the artist, the original sound waves, and music history.
- Hand-Cut 12" Mastercut Record
- Hand-Printed Letterpress Cover Artwork
- Limited* and numbered
In addition to the high-quality sound carrier, this edition contains valuable, partly historical accompanying documents:
- 3 carefully selected design elements are characterizing this USA Mastercut Edition:
- A special spine imprint in blue tone ink
- A blue toned screen print
- A special booklet band with the impulse logo stamp
- Side A / Side B notes "from original tape as indicated", a Minolta EP 410z copy
- Cyanotype of Stan Getz and João Gilberto after an original photo by Earl Steinbicker and James Houghton.
- A Minolta EP 410z copy after an original photo of the SUPERSENSE living room studio. Photographer: Ákos Burg, 2021.
- Polaroid of microscopic view of the real groove. Side B track #2 "So Danco Samba"
- How to caress, by Florian "Doc" Kaps. An info sheet about the SUPERSENSE Master Records and how to care for them.
- Project MASTERCUT, by Florian "Doc" Kaps. An introduction to the editions.
- Cutting engineer notes, SUPERSENSE, Vienna.
Every single Edition is handcrafted in the Viennese SUPERSENSE manufactory by a small team of experts in the fields of record cutting, traditional printing methods and packaging design.
*The USA Edition of this Mastercut release is numbered: 01-500. Box numbers 1 through 75 are being offered exclusively on Center Stage.
1. The Girl From Ipanema
3. Para Machuchar Meu
2. So Danco Samba
3. O Grande Amor
4. Vivo Sohando